In the last post, we started our series focused on attracting big clients, or “catch big fish,” that will sustain your business over the long run. Today, we will take that a step further by talking about how to understand and think like a big fish company and how that can help you plan your approach and find success.
Before you can start the process of landing big clients, you have to make sure your entire team is on board with your approach and vision.
There are six keys to finding big client success. They are:
1. First Impression: You must remember you usually only have one shot to land a big client. If you make a mistake, they aren’t going to consider you again. Never give them a reason to doubt your abilities. Be Prepared!
2. First Priority: Your fish must always feel like they are your first priority. Return calls and emails immediately and find solutions to their problems or questions as quickly as possible.
3. Flexibility: You need to be flexible in your negotiations. If they need a special service or for you to customize a product, say yes for the benefit of your long-term success. A little hassle now will pay off later.
4. Long-Term Mindset: This goes along with the last one a bit. As you are approaching and negotiating with big fish, you need to think about the long-term benefits for your business. If you go for a one-time big score, you will lose their interest.
5. Have Fun: Work should be fun, even when trying to land big clients. In fact, this should be the most fun. You are sharing your vision with new people and including them in your future success and likewise. People work better in a fun, happy environment. Your passion will also be contagious and pull the fish into your pond.
6. Help Them: If you take just a little bit of time and offer your clients solutions to save money or time by introducing them to potential business partners, this will show you are invested and interested in their business. Strive to find a balance between your business needs and your client’s needs.
Here are some tactics you can use to get your team prepared to catch some big fish:
●Post the six keys described above for all to see.
● Put together a performance-based incentive program.
● Conduct frequent team meetings.
● Use a “right now” policy that dictates big fish calls be answered immediately.
● Offer awards/recognition for big-company ideas and executions.
● Put together a training and certification program based on the six keys above.
These 6 keys and tips will help you instill a big-company mindset throughout your company, which will help you be more prepared and more likely to land your big fish. Once your team is thinking this way, you’ll be unstoppable.
Success, and when you need support, you can always contact us!